20061015

Poor O’ Nicky - Fool O’ Dani

I don’t know what was Dani thinking when he took out Nicky Hayden at the opening lap of Portugal GP today. I’m observing him since the beginning of the season, and I saw him changed his style after Hayden has big points lead, back at the middle of the season. It seemed that he rides more aggressive than ever and tries to show that he is not an incapable-rookie compared to his teammate. Right now I don’t remember where else, but I still remember he was doing the same thing at Sepang: Fighting Nicky strenuously as if Nick were his biggest rival (or maybe I fact he is).
OK, I know it’s not F1. In MotoGP, team is no. 2, your top priority is yourself. But Dani, you are out of your mind! It was just very opening lap and you rode as if it’s last lap. I think Nicky deserve to be furious with you.
To be noted, today’s race is a fine example for what I wrote at “Nick vs Vale” section, when I said Rossi is an entertainer because he is always fighting wherever-whenever he’s on the track. You saw Rossi, even he’s on the safe zone, did not bother to ride very very beyond of his capacity when Toni attacked him at the last laps. He was risking his valuable points for what, I don’t know, but certainly he knew what he was doing.
And another thing to note: Congratulation for Toni Elias, may your career goes well from now on. Always great seeing a new face on the top of podium.

No comments: