20061011

Mid-Test Nightmare


Today I feel depressed after Quantum Mechanics Mid-Test. Another subject which I couldn’t answer the questions properly. I predicted I will only get 27 out of 100 mark. This is the third I-don’t-believe-I-will-pass test after Compiler and Algorithm exams at APTECH, my second college, which was (unfortunately) held at the same week with Mid-Test at UNPAR.
The problem is, I was focused to repair my computer which was in problem last week. Last 4 days before today’s test I tried everything to find the root of problem (finally I got it: VGA card). And then I only have 1 day (approx. 19 hours) to learn that for-beautiful-mind-only subject. Then I only gave 54% to learn it. I hardly understood a little at least, and then tried to write everything I don’t understand to a paper (the lecturer allow us to bring a paper with anything you want to write on it). After that I went sleep earlier just to make sure my mind will be in fit condition when I’m doing test. I put some space on the ‘clue paper’ so I could copy some other’s work to it :P.
And then one problem was coming to me later last night: insomnia. I don’t know it was because I had slept late some days before or because too nervous facing the test, but I really couldn’t sleep since some man were out of their mind and shouting “SAAHURR” like crazy. I really appreciate everybody who are fasting in this holy month (muslim’s tradition). But believe me, those people were not shouting to wake people for Sahur. They were shouting as if they were at Siliwangi stadium when Persib (local soccer team) is winning a match against Persija (Persib’s rival).
And then in the morning I went to the campus with 50-50 confidence (hoping for some luck—in some test, you really need it). Again, some bad luck kicked me again. I don’t know why on 07.44 the city road is quite in traffic (it’s not common) so I must held there for some more minutes. So, I was late for few minutes and couldn’t copy other’s work on the ‘clue paper’ as planned before. It’s OK then, I was still confident, until I sat there on my seat...
God! I felt numb when I saw the questions!
None of those 5 question’s answers are mapped on my mind.
I felt really out of luck, and I did that test only with brave, not brain.
After the test, what depressed me a lot was what were my friends doing. They said the test was difficult and they didn’t understand it (they face same condition with me), but they was helped by the ‘clue paper’.
It was shocking me that they didn’t sleep the night before just to make the ‘clue paper’ very detailed (mine just like rubbish).
For God's sake, why didn’t I take the same way like them.
I didn’t sleep, nor did they.
I didn’t understand the test, nor did they.
I didn’t get the answers, they got them! That’s the difference....
I failed this subject last year, don’t want to fail again this time! I’ll take it to the final test, let’s see what I can do to make it better.

Another day, another problem, another story, has passed... another lessons I got.

No comments: